Yesterday I was finally able to resume exercise after getting so sick in mid April. It took me over a month to get back to my former state of energy. Don’t get me wrong, I love doing athletic and outdoorsy stuff, but I am by no means an exercise fan. Disguise it as fun and games and you don’t realize you are getting exercise and it is great. Just jogging, not so much. I have to force myself to go. You know, gotta keep that bad cholesterol down and that joint pain and fatigue at bay.
One place I love to go is the huge urban park a few miles away. When you are amongst all the trees you kind of forget you are in a huge city and how terribly hot and humid it is. They have a 3 mile jogging loop which is excellent for people watching. It is so amusing to see the different categories of people out there.
- Marathon Trainers – Don’t get in their way, they’ll knock you over as they weave their way in and out of the jogging loop while utilizing nearly the entire acreage of the park.
- The Lean, Fit runners – These folks loop past us 3 times as we unfit joggers struggle to make our way around once.
- The Consummate Businessman-They are busy hashing out a business deal on their “crackberry” as they run while not getting out of breath. (How on earth do they do that?) Seriously, unhook for 30 minutes and relax.
- The Stroller Brigade – I applaud these moms (and dads) for getting out and finding some time to jog.
- The Beauty Queen – These chicks are out there in full make-up, perfect hair, and color coordinated outfit; they are definitely out there only to exercise. ;) It makes me feel like I’m in college again. They are easy to notice in passing as you choke on their cloud of perfume. Also look for the itty-bitty jogging shorts pulled down to a precarious level.
- Dog Walkers/Joggers – I get my dog fix as I admire the different cute dogs as they walk/jog by. Yesterday I spotted a beautiful chocolate lab mix running ahead of it’s master. The dog was definitely frolicking happily while looking back at master as if to say: “This is fun, boy I’m glad we came, come on, you can do it, faster, faster, run faster, wow, this is fun!” I have also seen a woman on a leisurely stroll with her toy-sized dog of some flavor in a specially crafted doggie stroller.
- Leisurely Strollers – These people come in regular clothes for a nice stroll through the trails. (Probably to people watch) +10 for the ladies out in their high heels. (on gravel paths, ouch!)
- Can You Hear Me Now? – Same case as the businessman, only they are on personal calls. Again, unhook for 30 minutes and relax, do you really want the world to know in full detail how drunk you got last weekend?
And by far the largest group:
- Regular Joe/Jane – These folks don’t care what they look like as they work up a sweat and proud of it.
At least all of this makes the horrid task of jogging a little bit more entertaining.
Posted in Random | Leave a Comment »
Waiting for graduation to start is most certainly fun times. Luckily we have cameras to entertain us.
Jess & Matt
Brandon looking like he is about to commit some sort of mischief
Posted in Celebration, Family | Tagged Celebration, Pics | Leave a Comment »
…It’s Super Dog!!!
This dog seriously cracked me up. Bryan and Lindi have the sweetest dog, she positively smiles when you go out to give her some attention. Before heading off to Bryan’s graduation we decided to put out the sprinkler to entertain Collin. For some reason he wasn’t having any of it, but at least Macy had a blast.
Posted in Family | Tagged Silliness | Leave a Comment »
Yes, we are nerds. My husband has been wanting one since he heard about them. Then after playing a friend’s wii last fall he just had to have one. I would have liked to purchase one for him for Christmas but alas, I was too busy with work, wedding preparations, graduation parties, and shopping to be that vigilant. I settled on a car radio instead since his stopped working, so I’m not that bad of a wife. We received some Christmas money and decided we would use some of it for the wii. Fast forward to this Friday night, Brandon decided to start asking around at the local electronics stores. He found luck with one saying they would have a fairly large shipment in on March 9. He decided to ask another store within walking distance and they said they would have some in 36 hours and all he had to do was get there at 7am and wait for a voucher and then come back before noon to pick it up. So he did just that, while I stayed cozy in bed for another hour or so he got up to stand in line. He ended up being 4th in line and didn’t receive the voucher until around 9am. So on our way to church this morning we picked it up and finally had our wii. We think Nintendo does all of this on purpose, they keep the hype going and it keeps people interested. As we were standing in line waiting to pick it up a guy came up and wanted to know where we got the voucher from and Brandon explained what he went through. The guy just shook his head, said he had been trying to get one for a while. Later on we went to purchase games and accessories with a gift card he had received for Christmas. In keeping with our Financial Peace University plan, all we spent was $18 of our own money to purchase everything. Yes, we are such nerds.
Now, who wants to trade miis?
Posted in Toys | Tagged Silliness | Leave a Comment »
After mentioning to Brandon yesterday that I was feeling really sluggish he suggested we take a short road trip to the beach. Today also happens to mark 11 years of togetherness for us. After starting out the day slow, we packed light and just took off. Since getting my new camera I have been trying to make it a habit to bring it with me where ever I go to get as much practice as I can. So it figures what we found when we got there. As we got closer to the beach we noticed some strange clouds on the horizon. It almost looked like a mountain range, the clouds were an odd reddish color. As we made it to the island we realized it was a thick fog. It felt like we were in a Stephen King movie, the day had been clear other than the fog so the sun was still trying to make its way through with no success. It was such a creepy, claustrophobic feeling. We got down to the beach and stood watching the waves and the surfers for quite a while and were able to watch the fog just roll out and the clear sky come back. We spent some time just walking before going back home. We decided to do something fun and easy for dinner so we made our own pizza which turned out well. It was nice to be able to have a lazy day especially when it seems we are always busy on the weekends.
Posted in Fun | Tagged Road Trip | Leave a Comment »
The joys of having a Siamese, they get into everything! But they are a good photography subject when you can catch them in action. (They have an odd tendency to move quickly, imagine that.)
…checks out her surroundings…
…formulates a plan…
Posted in Chu, Pictures | Tagged Cats | Leave a Comment »
Happy Birthday to the love of my life!! I’m blessed beyond words to be a part of your life. I have spent 10 years of birthdays with you and I love you more today then I did when we started. That’s the great thing about you, you get better with age. ;) I love your laugh, your smile, your optimism, your love of life. I love how you always try to help others and have a ready smile for everyone. Most of all I love that you picked me to spend your time with. I love you with all my heart.
Posted in Celebration | Tagged Brandon | Leave a Comment »